Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fear Not...




Practice makes perfect right? If at first you don't succeed, try and try again! I have to remind myself that this applies in my spiritual walk as well. Most of the time I may not 'feel' God but I 'know' He's there because His word says so and He is not a liar! 

            Continuing with the theme of Obedience, I’m coming to realize that two things are at the root of being disobedient; fear or rebellion. That’s it. All the excuses we can come up with for not doing as we know we should falls under these two categories UNLESS you really don’t know any better and grace and mercy have got that covered.

I’d like to go even as far as saying that rebellion falls under fear too. No matter the circumstance(s), I really believe that being afraid of what it may mean for there to be a ‘Higher Power’ that is in control as opposed to you being in control of your life is scary to most people… even for some declared Christians.  

            But thanks be to God’s because in His presence is fullness of joy (Psa. 16:11), and the joy of the Lord is our strength (Neh. 8:10) because He is our refuge and fortress (Psa. 91:2). All He asks is for us to trust Him with all our hearts (Prov. 3:5) and He can AND will help us overcome our fears!

Simply meditate on His simple request and promise to:Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness” Isaiah 41:10.


Then take a stand and declare that: “I will fear NOTHING because NOTHING is greater than my God. #30WordsBook” (by Jarrid Wilson)



No comments:

Post a Comment