Wednesday, February 6, 2013

By Faith...


Excited does not begin to explain how I feel about being in my very last semester of grad school!! MY goodness, it’s here! If you would have asked me a year and a half ago whether I even thought this program would come to an end, the answer would have been “N to the O, NO!” Honestly, it felt like it would never end but… here we are, CLASS of MAY 2013 *Woop Woop*! (or June; the school is yet to post a date smh)

Nevertheless, behind all this excitement is a teenie, beanie, weenie bit of FEAR! I have to grow up! No seriously, I’m going to have to start paying real bills and thinking about rent and car payments, insurance, a husband, kids…. Ahhhhhh! And off course, the million-dollar question: how will all this come to pass without a J-O-B? *faints in horror*

*Revives* Thank God for God! I have come to know that He speaks to me through His Word. I think every single devotion and scripture I have read this year has touched on faith and/or trust. I mean, “… without faith it is impossible to please Him (God), for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him” (Heb. 11:6). Then a friend from school sent me an encouraging text message:

Eph. 3:20 – “Faith without works is dead.” Sometimes our works should simply be letting go!! God will take care of it no matter what the ‘it’ is… and He MOST DEFINITELY doesn’t need our help! All He needs is our surrender; to His perfect will and purpose for our lives. Only then can He work in you, for you and through you. 

So! Like Nike, “Just do it!” Surrender and Trust Him… #ThatIsAll!


No comments:

Post a Comment