Saturday, June 22, 2013

How do we overcome??



"...by the blood of the Lamb and the word of [our] testimony." Rev. 12:11.

I've known that verse for a while but still for a long time I was a firm believer of "your future has no room for your past." 

All that's changed. Pretty recently I may add. It finally clicked! I can't just talk the talk, I have to walk it too. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying go back to the old you! Nah-uh! But don't shy away from remembering and thinking on, and rejoicing in where God has brought you from and where He is taking you to!!

Shame, guilt and condemnation were my everyday companions when I though about my past. Yet I was in denial of the positive influence it had on my life as a believer. "Oh Lord, I haven't REAAAALLLYYY had an opportunity to share my testimony with people."

Lies and propaganda!!! Bottom line: I was too scared and too ashamed to open my mouth and share the good news of Christ's redemption power. But recently, on my mission trip to Uganda, I was able to voice, for the first time a lot of the ghosts I had silenced from my past. And the 10+ women who were there did nothing but listen intently and encourage me.

"...where the spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty" 2 Cor. 3:17

Oh, I tasted a slice of that freedom, baby! And it was good. How dare I remain silent for so long??? But Thank God for His grace and mercy... and PATIENCE!

Moving forward, I pray that I continue to "taste and see that the Lord is [indeed] good (Psa. 34:8)." and to desire to use my story for the betterment of others, rather than be silent at their soul's expense. I pray the same for you too.


No comments:

Post a Comment